Membership of Wakefield Libraries provides 24/7 free access to:
- Our extensive catalogue online for you to browse, read reviews and reserve titles
- A wide range of online library resources in our digital library such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, newspapers and much more
- Free downloads of e-audiobooks, e-magazines and language courses
- Renew your library loan
- Check when your items are due to be returned
There are two ways to join:
- Visit a library
Bring one form of identification into the library. Either proof of your name and current address or one showing proof of your signature like bank books/cards, driving licence, local authority rent book or allowance book
- Join the library online
Fill in the Libraries Online joining form below If you register to join the library online you will receive a temporary borrower number and PIN. You will not be able to borrow items until you have provided proof of your address at your chosen local library and collected your library card.
By signing your library card you are agreeing to abide by the policies, procedures and byelaws of Wakefield Libraries and Information Services (copies are also available at all our library branches).
Note: All information held on our library management software system is covered by Data Protection and will not be shown to unauthorised persons or organisations.
Find out more about how to use the library, including borrowing, reserving and renewing, plus overdue items, requesting titles and what to do if you lose your library card here.
- Some portlet configuration options for self registration are invalid!
For the latest library news follow us on Twitter
Please take a moment to 'Like' us on Facebook.
Read Wakefield Libraries' blog on WordPress.
Wakefield Council Library Service Instagram. Follow us for news on new books arriving in our libraries amongst other things...
Click here for help on using the library catalogue (Arena).